Volume 1 Issue 4 - October 15, 2003
Insurance schemes should be modified for disabled peopleDNIS News Network - A varied range of topics, from infant foeticide to insurance benefits for prevention of disability, to disability pension, to night shelters for destitute mentally ill women were discussed at the session on ‘Social Security Issues’ during the two-day national consultation meet at Biwako Millennium Framework.
While Life Insurance Corporation of India and Social Security Association of India gave presentations on existing schemes for disabled people and various accidental benefits under Employee State Insurance, NGOs recommended for establishment of Gift Annuity Scheme, which is a success in developed nations.
As per this scheme, a donor can make donations to a disabled person and get tax benefits throughout lifetime. The amount is actually donated to the disabled person after the donor’s death.
It was also recommended that special schemes should be made under insurance and mutual funds for disabled people.
It was pointed out ‘Mahila Kalyan Bima Yojna’ scheme of General Insurance should be popularised for the social security of disabled women and that there should be three per cent budget allocation for night shelters for destitute disabled women, who are most vulnerable to sexual assaults.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards announced
- Rights groups meet to discuss Biwako Millennium Framework
- NCPEDP features on Discovery
- Disabled women seek their rights
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan applauded
- Insurance schemes should be modified for disabled people
- Rights activists demand government support for self-help groups
- Scouts march for leprosy awareness
- Disabled kids to get educational policy soon
- Employment cannot be achieved in isolation: Activists
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: