Volume 1 Issue 4 - October 15, 2003
Scouts march for leprosy awarenessDNIS News Network - About 3000 students of Bharat Scouts and Guides, NCC and other schools participated in a leprosy awareness rally, ‘Public Awareness Peace March’ from Rajghat to ITO on October 2, 2003 to mark Leprosy Day, commemorated on the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The march, was organised by The Leprosy Mission, in collaboration with Delhi State Government, Bharat Scouts and Guides, NCC, ILEP and various other NGOs.
Delhi Chief Minister Shiela Dikshit flagged off the rally from Rajghat.
Speaking on the occasion she stressed on the role of society in spreading awareness and ensuring early detection of leprosy.
Delhi Health Minister AK Walia also addressed the gathering saying that Delhi has 7500 leprosy patients, being treated at various hospitals. He further stressed on the need for ensuring leprosy diagnosis in every hospital and dispensary of the capital. He said that leprosy medicines like MDT should be made available free of cost to leprosy patients to eradicate the disease from India.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards announced
- Rights groups meet to discuss Biwako Millennium Framework
- NCPEDP features on Discovery
- Disabled women seek their rights
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan applauded
- Insurance schemes should be modified for disabled people
- Rights activists demand government support for self-help groups
- Scouts march for leprosy awareness
- Disabled kids to get educational policy soon
- Employment cannot be achieved in isolation: Activists
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: