Volume 4 Issue 4 - February 15, 2006
IGNOU announces special awareness programme in disability
D.N.I.S. News Network- Rehabilitation Council of India (R.C.I.) and the Indira Gandhi National Open University (I.G.N.O.U.) have joined hands to establish an awareness-cum-training programme for parents and disabled students.
In a recent announcement, I.G.N.O.U. said that the programme would deal with mental disabilities, visual impairment and cerebral palsy. It will be implemented through organisations, institutions and special schools working in the field of disability.
Non Governmental Organisations will be able to enroll parents and family members of disabled children for this programme. Guidelines and application form are available from the Public Information Unit, I.G.N.O.U. Headquarters, Maidan Garhi, and New Delhi-110068.
It can be obtained by post by sending a stamped (Rs. 25/-) self-addressed envelope (9”x12”) to Ms. Rekha S. Sen/ Dr. Neerja Chadha, SOCE, G-Block, New Academic Complex, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi New Delhi – 110068. The same can also be downloaded from the IGNOU website (www.ignou.ac.in) or R.C.I. website (www.rehabcouncil.nic.in).
As a part of implementing the programme, the selected organisation would be required to conduct contact sessions, free of cost, for a minimum duration of 40 hours (five days). Last date for receipt of applications from NGOs/other organisations is 10 March 2006. The list of organizations approved for the implementation of the programme, would be posted on the websites of I.G.N.O.U. and R.C.I. from 15 March 2006 and will be confirmed by post.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Making leprosy elimination meaningful by ending stigma and exclusion
- National Association of the Deaf holds pioneering National Consultation on Deaf Education
- Prime Minister meets N.F.B. members; Assures looking into amendments to Disability Act
- Lalu assures D.R.G. that concerns of disability sector will be addressed in Railway Budget
- Implement 3% reservation for disabled people in state-aided NGOs: M.S.J.E.
- C.B.S.E. exams to be disabled-friendly this year: Chairman
- Mumbai H.C. restrains state from filling up post after a blind candidate alleges discrimination
- IGNOU announces special awareness programme in disability
- N.C.P.E.D.P. - N.D.T.V. audit reveals poor state of services for disabled people by Jet
- National Seminar on Poverty and Disability
- Disabled participants register small but vital presence at Delhi International Marathon
- Beautification takes precedence over access at Delhi University library
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: