Volume 5 Issue 4 - February 15, 2007
Stop purchase of buses till Govt. finalises disabled-friendly model: Delhi H.C.
D.N.I.S. News Network – In a path-breaking move, the Delhi High Court (H.C.) has directed both public and private transport corporations in Delhi to hold further purchase of buses until the Government finalises and confirms its plan on a suitable model for disabled-friendly buses.
A Division Bench headed by Justice Swatanter Kumar said, “Authorities have accepted some new models for buses accessible to the disabled, so it is in the interest of the administration that new buses are not purchased by any corporation.”
The Bench further posed a series of questions on road safety in the Capital. A High Court appointed Committee’s report revealed that of a total of 2,900 road deaths, 600 were caused by buses.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- N.C.P.E.D.P. organises Strategy Workshop in Jaipur
- Educate and empower disabled people: The voice of â€˜India Poisedâ€™
- G.P.D.D. Task Force holds meeting in Delhi
- Disabled Civil Services candidate gets relief; C.I.C. slaps fine on Government
- Stop purchase of buses till Govt. finalises disabled-friendly model: Delhi H.C.
- Rajasthan sets example; Introduces low-floor buses in Kota
- India accounts for half of worldâ€™s leprosy patients
- Braille E.V.M.s for visually impaired people
- Centre working on measures to strengthen office of C.C.P.D.
- Government announces 22 schools for disabled children in Delhi
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: