Volume 8 Issue 4 - February 15, 2011
No reservation for A.I.I.M.S. nursing posts, disabled candidates turn to courtD.N.I.S. News Network, India: It has been three years since the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (M.S.J.E.) introduced a mandatory 3% reservation in nursing staff posts for orthopaedically disabled candidates. However, the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (A.I.I.M.S.) is yet to implement this.
A group of disabled candidates, who appeared for the entrance exam at A.I.I.M.S. on August 22 last year, have now taken the matter to court. The exam was conducted for 555 posts of Sister Grade-II and as many as 40 disabled candidates made it to the interview list. However, none of the 40 were able to make it to the final selection!
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Finally, âWorking Draftâ of the proposed Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act out!
- Census 2011 begins, disability to be counted properly for the first time
- Committee drafting new disability law meets, the âbeneficiariesâ remain in the dark
- âWhat is the hurry?â Minister, M.S.J.E. asks the Committee drafting new disability law
- The draft Mental Health law is fascist: N.A.A.J.M.I.
- Denied I.A.S. despite order, visually impaired duo threaten legal action
- Dyslexic student denied 3% reservation facility in Engineering Entrance Exam
- No reservation for A.I.I.M.S. nursing posts, disabled candidates turn to court
- Fellowship launched for disabled people
- Special Recruitment Drive of D.o.P.T. extended till June 30
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: