Volume 1 Issue 5 - November 01, 2003
Samsung to sponsor 20 scholarships for disabled students
DNIS News Network -- Samsung Electronics has decided to sponsor 20 scholarships to meritorious disabled students pursuing higher education.
It is understood that Samsung will contribute to National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People's annual scholarship scheme, 'Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship Scheme for Students with Disabilities'.
At present, NCPEDP is assisting 73 meritorious scholars pursuing higher education.
The idea is to provide financial assistance to needy but meritorious disabled candidates, and enable them to advance in the educational field, helping them overcome the physical barriers they face.
NCPEDP, in cooperation with other sponsors like Shell India Ltd, HPS Foundation and Paul Foundation, has been giving scholarships to disabled students since 1998.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Meet on incentives for corporates to employ disabled people
- National panel for disabilities notified
- Samsung to sponsor 20 scholarships for disabled students
- NCPEDP to conduct an audit on the NHFDC's operations
- Disability music video, Kinara, selected for international film festival
- Centre, Delhi governments to set up autism centres
- NCPEDP to conduct employment audit in private sector
- 59th Commission of ESCAP to make the region barrier-free
- Natalie is a very special athlete
- Rapist of mentally challenged to face
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: