Volume 1 Issue 5 - November 01, 2003
NCPEDP to conduct an audit on the NHFDC's operations
DNIS News Network -- The cross-disability advocacy NGO, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP), is compiling an audit report on the functioning of National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC).
The NHFDC was set up in 1997 as a state-owned non-profit organisation with an authorised capital of Rs 400 crore to provide financing schemes to aspiring disabled entrepreneurs.
There were very high hopes from this institution. Unfortunately, it took the government a very long time to even set up the channelising agencies.
It is understood that many of these channelising agencies are non-performing.
To address this issue, the NHFDC has entered into a partnership with NGOs for micro-finance scheme as a parallel mechanism. However, it has invited a lot of criticism from the disability sector because a borrower, under this scheme, could take a loan of only Rs 25,000.
The NHFDC is now tying up with commercial banks to facilitate its funding procedures.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Meet on incentives for corporates to employ disabled people
- National panel for disabilities notified
- Samsung to sponsor 20 scholarships for disabled students
- NCPEDP to conduct an audit on the NHFDC's operations
- Disability music video, Kinara, selected for international film festival
- Centre, Delhi governments to set up autism centres
- NCPEDP to conduct employment audit in private sector
- 59th Commission of ESCAP to make the region barrier-free
- Natalie is a very special athlete
- Rapist of mentally challenged to face
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: