Volume 1 Issue 5 - November 01, 2003
Centre, Delhi governments to set up autism centresDNIS News Network -- Delhi High Court issued notices to Central and Delhi Governments to set up autism diagnostic centres in the capital, reported The Pioneer.
It is understood that these notices were issued following a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) filed by parents of austistic people.
The PIL sought the governments' help to enable psychological and functional treatment and social rehabilitation for people affected with autism, the newspaper reported.
A Division Bench comprising Chief Justice B.C. Patel and Justice A.K. Sikri issued notices to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Human Resource Development, Delhi Government, Rehabilitation Council of India, Medical Council of India and National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
It is understood that the petitioners, through counsel Geeta Mittal, urged for the creation of diagnostic centres and specialists who could identify the disorder, which affects a sizeable population of the country.
The PIL also sought directions to the authorities to undertake awareness programmes to sensitise the masses on autism. The petitioners have demanded that disability certificates be granted, the report said.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Meet on incentives for corporates to employ disabled people
- National panel for disabilities notified
- Samsung to sponsor 20 scholarships for disabled students
- NCPEDP to conduct an audit on the NHFDC's operations
- Disability music video, Kinara, selected for international film festival
- Centre, Delhi governments to set up autism centres
- NCPEDP to conduct employment audit in private sector
- 59th Commission of ESCAP to make the region barrier-free
- Natalie is a very special athlete
- Rapist of mentally challenged to face
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: