Volume 3 Issue 5 - March 01, 2005
Disabled candidate wins Panchayat election in Chattisgarh
DNIS News Network - A young, disabled Sarpanch takes charge of work.
Disabled people in the constituency of Paatan, Chattisgarh, now have their own elected representative. Kamlesh Kumar Yadav, who contested as an Independent candidate, has taken charge as Sarpanch from February 11.
Despite his young age (he is 29 years old), Singh is driven by a desire to work for the advancement of tribals and initiate developmental schemes for them. Singh, who has polio, comes from a humble family. He has a shop and his family members engage in cattle grazing and casual labour to make ends meet.
The disability sector wishes him on his winning the election, and hopes he will be able to realise his ambitions.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- DRG opposes people chosen for three key disability posts
- Arjun Singh plans to introduce bill for education of disabled children
- Disabled candidate wins Panchayat election in Chattisgarh
- IFS to now include disability quota
- Dwarfism now recognised as ‘disability’
- Union and Railway Budgets disappoint
- Disabled PCO owners in Andhra Pradesh protest slash in rates
- Study reveals domestic violence against disabled women in Orissa
- Jagjit Singh sings for mental health
- Disabled rights champion, Lal Advani, passes away
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: