Volume 4 Issue 5 - March 01, 2006
Delhi High Court orders Centre & D.D.A. to notify scheme for land & plots at concessional rates
D.N.I.S. News Network - The Delhi High Court has ordered the Union Government and the Delhi Development Authority (D.D.A.) to notify a scheme for allotment of land and plots on concessional rates for persons with disabilities.
Justice Pradeep Nandrajog asked the two respondents to file a compliance report with affidavits before the next date of hearing.
The directions were issued on a petition filed by a disabled woman, Sarita Sinha, alleging that the authorities were refusing to allot land at reduced rates, which violates the provisions of the decade-old Disability Act.
In her petition filed through Counsel Ashok Aggarwal, Sarita complained that though the Act made it mandatory for the government to allot land/plots at concessional rates, the authorities were unwilling to comply with the provisions.
Counsel for the Indian Government Sangeeta Chandra admitted that the D.D.A. only had a policy for reserving flats for disabled people, but no concessions in rates were being accorded to them.
Following this, the court ordered that the D.D.A. and the Centre should "put their heads together" and notify a scheme which must contain provisions for allotment of land and plots at concessional rates for disabled people. The matter has been posted for 14 July 2006.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- There is something for everyone in the Railway Budget, says Lalu! But what about disabled people?
- Inclusive education needs funds
- Union Budget fails to deliver an incentives policy to promote employment for disabled people
- Hopes of millions of disabled people dashed! Lalu’s Orwellian budget fails to address demands
- M.S.J.E. asks States to send recommendations for amendment to Disability Act
- Delhi High Court pulls up Indian Railways for not implementing Disability Act
- Delhi High Court issues notices to private airlines seeking details on disability access
- Delhi High Court issues notice to U.G.C. on lack of facilities for disabled students
- Delhi High Court orders Centre & D.D.A. to notify scheme for land & plots at concessional rates
- Disability sector in Manipur demands implementation of Disability Act
- Learn from the past and move ahead to implement the Disability Act more effectively: Justice Verma
- North Zone Partners commit to strengthen National Disability Network
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: