Volume 7 Issue 5 - March 01, 2010
Desert Storm opens avenues for disabled participants in car rallies
Deepa Malik at the Desert Storm Rally
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Here’s some good news for all disabled adventure enthusiasts looking for an adrenaline rush. Deepa Malik became the first disabled participant to take part in the rigorous Desert Storm Car Rally. To add to this celebration, she also became the first disabled person to have acquired a rally driver’s license in the T.S.D. (Time Speed Distance) category from the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (F.M.S.C.I.)!
Desert Storm Car Rally has been organised for the past eight years by F.M.S.C.I., the principal body under which all motor sport activities are held and covers almost 3000 kilometres across Bikaner, Pokhran, Jaisalmer, Rann of Kutch and finally ends in Udaipur after a six-day drive.
Malik had earlier taken part in the Raid-de-Himalaya Car Rally as a navigator.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- â€śWe cannot have inclusive growth unless disability is made an integral part of our growth,â€ť Vinnie Mehta
- East Zone leadership roots for a new law with sharper teeth
- Finally, disability finds a place in the Union Budget!
- Is M.S.J.E. finally inching towards a new law?
- C.P.I. (M.) lends support to disability sectorâ€™s demand for a new law
- D.R.G. Core Group making steady progress in drafting a new disability law
- N.C.P.E.D.P. commissions study on disability question in Census 2011
- Health Ministry planning to amend Mental Health Act of 1987
- East Zone Consultation in Guwahati endorses demand for a new law
- Government finally spells relief for inmates at Asha Kiran
- N.C.P.E.D.P. writes to Sports Ministry on mismanagement of funds at P.C.I.
- Desert Storm opens avenues for disabled participants in car rallies
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: