Volume 7 Issue 5 - March 01, 2010
C.P.I. (M.) lends support to disability sector’s demand for a new law
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Communist Party of India (Marxist) has supported the disability sector’s demand for a new law based on U.N.C.R.P.D. as opposed to Amendments to the Disability Act of 1995. This was stated by Polit Bureau Member, Brinda Karat on February 20 at a convention for rights of disabled people organised by Paschim Banga Rajya Pratibandhi Sammilani, an organisation affiliated to C.P.I. (M.), in Kolkata.
Focusing on the “infirm framework” of the Persons with Disabilities Act, 1995, Karat said that rather than bringing about amendments to the Act, it was wiser to frame another inclusive law.
It may also be mentioned that C.P.I. (M.) has been consistently taking interest in this issue. It had earlier participated in the National Consultation on the new law which was organised by the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People in October last year.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “We cannot have inclusive growth unless disability is made an integral part of our growth,” Vinnie Mehta
- East Zone leadership roots for a new law with sharper teeth
- Finally, disability finds a place in the Union Budget!
- Is M.S.J.E. finally inching towards a new law?
- C.P.I. (M.) lends support to disability sector’s demand for a new law
- D.R.G. Core Group making steady progress in drafting a new disability law
- N.C.P.E.D.P. commissions study on disability question in Census 2011
- Health Ministry planning to amend Mental Health Act of 1987
- East Zone Consultation in Guwahati endorses demand for a new law
- Government finally spells relief for inmates at Asha Kiran
- N.C.P.E.D.P. writes to Sports Ministry on mismanagement of funds at P.C.I.
- Desert Storm opens avenues for disabled participants in car rallies
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: