Volume 7 Issue 5 - March 01, 2010
D.R.G. Core Group making steady progress in drafting a new disability law
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: In the past few months since Disabled Rights Group (D.R.G.) started the campaign for a new law based on U.N.C.R.P.D., as opposed to the proposed amendments, D.R.G.s Core Group has been putting in days of hardwork towards drafting a new law. The good news is that till now 16 chapters have been drafted and are being circulated among stakeholders.
The enthusiasm of the Group can be gauged from the fact that they have even given a tentative name to the new law The Rights of Persons with Disabilities (Respect for Dignity, Effective Participation and Inclusive Opportunities) Act, 2010!
Some chapters were debated and discussed at the National Consultation on the new law in October last year and some more were taken up at the North and East Zone Consultations thereafter. The idea is to take the discussion to all stakeholders across disabilities, across the nation and to reach a consensus.
D.R.G. Core Group is planning to finish the rest of the chapters in the coming months and then these will be submitted to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for consideration.
For more information or to send in your feedback on the draft new law, please write to email@example.com.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- We cannot have inclusive growth unless disability is made an integral part of our growth, Vinnie Mehta
- East Zone leadership roots for a new law with sharper teeth
- Finally, disability finds a place in the Union Budget!
- Is M.S.J.E. finally inching towards a new law?
- C.P.I. (M.) lends support to disability sectors demand for a new law
- D.R.G. Core Group making steady progress in drafting a new disability law
- N.C.P.E.D.P. commissions study on disability question in Census 2011
- Health Ministry planning to amend Mental Health Act of 1987
- East Zone Consultation in Guwahati endorses demand for a new law
- Government finally spells relief for inmates at Asha Kiran
- N.C.P.E.D.P. writes to Sports Ministry on mismanagement of funds at P.C.I.
- Desert Storm opens avenues for disabled participants in car rallies
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: