Volume 8 Issue 5 - March 01, 2011
Union Budget made no special mention of disability!D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The much awaited Union Budget was presented by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on February 28. However, there was by and large just no mention of disability.
“The Union Budget is a huge disappointment for us, the 70 million disabled citizens of India,” said Javed Abidi, Convenor, Disabled Rights Group (D.R.G.).
“Year 2011-2012 will be the last year of the current XIth Five Year Plan. We had sincerely hoped that funds would be earmarked for the National Institute of Universal Design. In the last Budget, funds were sanctioned for the Sign Language Research and Training Centre but this had got left out. We were told that this was due to the lack of resources and we were promised that “next year” and before the XIth Plan runs out, this Institute will also be sanctioned,” stated Abidi in his letter to the Prime Minister.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “The greatest roadblock employers face is finding qualified candidates with disabilities,” Debra Perry
- Union Budget made no special mention of disability!
- Rail Budget offers special concessions for disabled people
- ‘Govt should withdraw 5% service tax levied on healthcare’
- Consultations or sham? Committee drafting new disability law makes a mockery of the process
- Mixed reports on Census 2011, apprehensions rife on disability being undercounted
- Abidi invited to a prestigious Seminar in Oslo
- M.S.J.E. doesn’t consider disabled doctors fit for teaching jobs
- People with hearing impairment can also drive: Delhi High Court
- Germany’s Finance Minister, a wheelchair user, is an inspiration for many!
- Karnataka cricket body indifferent towards disabled spectators
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: