Volume 8 Issue 5 - March 01, 2011
Rail Budget offers special concessions for disabled peopleD.N.I.S. News Network, India: In stark contrast to the Union Budget, the Railway Budget 2011-12 did not overlook the needs of people with disabilities.
Disability issues were mentioned as many as four times by Railway Minister, Mamata Banerjee during her speech:1. Better accessibility at railway stations;
2. Rail Yatri Sewaks to assist elderly and disabled passengers;
3. Mega recruitment drives to cover the backlog of the disability quota; and
4. Concession facility to disabled passengers on Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “The greatest roadblock employers face is finding qualified candidates with disabilities,” Debra Perry
- Union Budget made no special mention of disability!
- Rail Budget offers special concessions for disabled people
- ‘Govt should withdraw 5% service tax levied on healthcare’
- Consultations or sham? Committee drafting new disability law makes a mockery of the process
- Mixed reports on Census 2011, apprehensions rife on disability being undercounted
- Abidi invited to a prestigious Seminar in Oslo
- M.S.J.E. doesn’t consider disabled doctors fit for teaching jobs
- People with hearing impairment can also drive: Delhi High Court
- Germany’s Finance Minister, a wheelchair user, is an inspiration for many!
- Karnataka cricket body indifferent towards disabled spectators
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: