Volume 8 Issue 5 - March 01, 2011
Abidi invited to a prestigious Seminar in OsloD.N.I.S. News Network, India: Javed Abidi, Honorary Director of National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.), has been invited by the Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (N.O.R.A.D.) to participate in a seminar titled ‘Mainstreaming Disability into Development Cooperation’ to be held in Oslo, Norway on March 28 and 29. He is the only individual being invited to this seminar. All the other invitees are Government departments, U.N. bodies or international N.G.O.s.
N.C.P.E.D.P. is the only organisation in India working purely on advocacy for disability rights. It has been able to catalyse many policy level changes including convincing the Indian Government to go in for a new disability rights law based on U.N.C.R.P.D., instead of amending the old Disability Act of 1995.
The N.O.R.A.D. seminar will be an excellent opportunity to draw the attention of major funding organisations and international agencies to branch out from service delivery and invest in policy level changes promoting disability rights.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “The greatest roadblock employers face is finding qualified candidates with disabilities,” Debra Perry
- Union Budget made no special mention of disability!
- Rail Budget offers special concessions for disabled people
- ‘Govt should withdraw 5% service tax levied on healthcare’
- Consultations or sham? Committee drafting new disability law makes a mockery of the process
- Mixed reports on Census 2011, apprehensions rife on disability being undercounted
- Abidi invited to a prestigious Seminar in Oslo
- M.S.J.E. doesn’t consider disabled doctors fit for teaching jobs
- People with hearing impairment can also drive: Delhi High Court
- Germany’s Finance Minister, a wheelchair user, is an inspiration for many!
- Karnataka cricket body indifferent towards disabled spectators
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: