Volume 8 Issue 5 - March 01, 2011
Karnataka cricket body indifferent towards disabled spectatorsD.N.I.S. News Network, India: A 33-year-old disabled textile designer, Kushal Kumar, is a great fan of cricket and has not missed a single match in Bangalore since 1999. However, on February 24, Kumar went back disappointed. He could not get a ticket because of the Karnataka State Cricket Association’s (K.S.C.A.) indifference towards disabled people.
“Usually a special counter is set up for disabled people. This time, there was nothing,” told Kumar.
According to Kumar, many other people with disabilities did not even come to the stadium knowing that it will not be easy for them to procure the tickets.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “The greatest roadblock employers face is finding qualified candidates with disabilities,” Debra Perry
- Union Budget made no special mention of disability!
- Rail Budget offers special concessions for disabled people
- ‘Govt should withdraw 5% service tax levied on healthcare’
- Consultations or sham? Committee drafting new disability law makes a mockery of the process
- Mixed reports on Census 2011, apprehensions rife on disability being undercounted
- Abidi invited to a prestigious Seminar in Oslo
- M.S.J.E. doesn’t consider disabled doctors fit for teaching jobs
- People with hearing impairment can also drive: Delhi High Court
- Germany’s Finance Minister, a wheelchair user, is an inspiration for many!
- Karnataka cricket body indifferent towards disabled spectators
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: