Volume 9 Issue 5 - May 15, 2012
Global Accessibility Awareness Day celebrated in Mumbai
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: India joined several other countries of the globe in celebrating May 9 as Global Accessibility Awareness Day (G.A.A.D.). An event was organised in Mumbai by the Directorate of Information Technology, Government of Maharashtra and BarrierBreak Technologies, supported by NASSCOM and NASSCOM Foundation to mark the day.
The panel discussions during the event included Creating Barrier Free Infrastructure and Transportation, I.C.T. Accessibility and Assistive Technology and was led by senior representatives from the Government and others such as Xavier's Resource Centre for the Visually Challenged, BarrierBreak Technologies, Access4All, and Microsoft.
G.A.A.D. was launched by Los Angeles web developer Joe Devon. The day is meant to educate technology designers and developers about making the web more user-friendly for people with disabilities and is a worldwide initiative to build awareness on accessibility.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- âSexual and reproductive rights of women with disabilities is a marginal issue on the agenda of disability rights organisations,â Geetanjali Misra
- Sibal delivers another blow to children with disabilities, sector to blame?
- D.P.I. launches Global Women & Youth Network
- McGill University hosts conference on âDisability and Work: Global Strategies for Equityâ
- Selection of new R.C.I. Chairperson mired in confusion and controversy
- Global Accessibility Awareness Day celebrated in Mumbai
- Delhi High Court orders Motherâs International school to admit deaf child
- Karnataka H.C. orders State to follow M.C.I. guidelines for post graduate courses
- High Court relaxes norms for persons with disabilities for C.A. examination
- Persons with disabilities to be able to book railway tickets online soon
- Chennai metro rail makes a good start in being accessible, can do a lot more
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: