Volume 9 Issue 5 - May 15, 2012
High Court relaxes norms for persons with disabilities for C.A. examination
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Delhi High Court on May 2 passed an order making the examination writing process for persons with disabilities appearing for the Chartered Accountant (C.A.) examination a little easier.
The High Court has asked the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (I.C.A.I.) to allow relatives of candidates with disabilities to act as scribes or writers.
The Court further directed I.C.A.I. to allow examinees to change writers throughout the examination. The C.A. examination started on May 2 and will go on till May 17.
The Court however, made it clear that the scribes should not be of the same academic background as the student. Also, since this order is only for this years examination, the Court asked the Examination Committee of I.C.A.I. to make necessary amendments in the examination guidelines for future.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- âSexual and reproductive rights of women with disabilities is a marginal issue on the agenda of disability rights organisations,â Geetanjali Misra
- Sibal delivers another blow to children with disabilities, sector to blame?
- D.P.I. launches Global Women & Youth Network
- McGill University hosts conference on âDisability and Work: Global Strategies for Equityâ
- Selection of new R.C.I. Chairperson mired in confusion and controversy
- Global Accessibility Awareness Day celebrated in Mumbai
- Delhi High Court orders Motherâs International school to admit deaf child
- Karnataka H.C. orders State to follow M.C.I. guidelines for post graduate courses
- High Court relaxes norms for persons with disabilities for C.A. examination
- Persons with disabilities to be able to book railway tickets online soon
- Chennai metro rail makes a good start in being accessible, can do a lot more
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: