Volume 1 Issue 6 - November 15, 2003
Chomsky to speak at World Social ForumDNIS News Network - Distinguished scholar and critic of US foreign policy and globalisation, Noam Chomsky will be one of the 'star speakers' at World Social Forum (WSF) to be held in Mumbai from January 16 to 21, reported The Times of India.
It is understood that the forum will not only challenge the policies of World Bank and International Monetary Fund (IMF), but is expected to take up many socio-economic issues of interest, such as disability.
In fact, for the first time, the Indian disability sector is expected to voice its demands and views at the WSF.
The 'Gandhi' of South Africa, Nelson Mandela will address a large public gathering at the concluding ceremony on January 21. Prominent authors, activists and scholars like Noami Klein, Istvan Meszaros, John Belamy Foster, Jose Bove, Samir Amin, Susan George and Toni Morison are expected to attend the forum, the newspaper reported.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- GOI refuses to recognise merit
- Disabled scholars angry with DU
- India ratifies UN Convention
- A very special cricket tournament
- NGO-watch policy on the anvil
- NIMH gives hope to mentally disabled
- Education Bill lacks focus on disability
- BT tops Europe's equal opportunities' employer list
- Impairment is not a barrier
- Chomsky to speak at World Social Forum
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: