Volume 6 Issue 6 - September 01, 2009
Revised pension plan to cover disabled siblings of Government employees
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Disabled siblings of Central Government employees will now be eligible for family pension for life. This was said in a statement released by the Ministry of Personnel on August 17.
The statement said that it has been decided to include dependent disabled siblings of government employees and pensioners in the definition of family to ensure that they are eligible to receive family pension.
The government had been receiving petitions for years in this regard. It was argued that dependent disabled siblings were left in the lurch after the death of the government employee on whom they were dependent. The government was urged to provide cover for them under the family pension plan.
Family pension is payable to one eligible member at a time. In some cases, however, it is divided among eligible members of the family. This, however, did not include disabled siblings until the August 17 order.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- A tribute to Vikas Sharma
- βIt is better to repeal the Disability Act and draft a new law,β feels Mukul Wasnik
- N.C.P.E.D.P. forms a national level Core Group on Disability Act 2009
- Parliament building to become disabled friendly
- Department of Information Technology sets up Core Group on draft National Policy on Electronic Access
- B.N. Yugandhar to head N.C.P.E.D.P's Core Group on Rural Development
- Conference of State Parties to U.N.C.R.P.D. on September 2 & 3
- Newly launched Rajya Sabha website not W.C.A.G. compliant
- A.T.M.s for visually impaired showcased at X.R.C.V.C.
- Revised pension plan to cover disabled siblings of Government employees
- Southern Railways disallows disabled passengers with general tickets from boarding special coach
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: