Volume 8 Issue 6 - March 15, 2011
Heritage monuments to become disabled-friendly!D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Government has approved a grant of Rs 5 crore to the Archaeological Survey of India (A.S.I.) to make five of its World Heritage Sites and 25 other ticketed monuments accessible to disabled people.
The monuments for which accessibility has been sanctioned are: Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, Sun Temple at Konark and Jama Masjid Champner-Pavgarh in Gujarat.
Some of the ticketed monuments for which accessibility has been sanctioned are: Charminar, Golconda Fort, Nagarjunakonda, Sun Temple in Gujarat, Laxman Temple in Chhattisgarh and some temples in Bhubaneswar.
The funds released by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (M.S.J.E.) will be used to undertake the works for making access pathways, ramps, accessible toilets, tactile maps, Braille signage, and modifications in ticket counters, etc.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- âOf course, I support full Legal Capacity,â Poonam Natarajan
- âThe chapters on Legal Capacity and Authorities need to be rewritten,â General Ian Cardozo
- Working Draft of proposed new disability law comes under fire; a cut paste job says the sector
- Legal Capacity: Health Ministry and M.S.J.E. come out with two diametrically opposite positions
- Significant increase in the number of disabled students taking board exams but is it a premature celebration?
- Disabled people boycott Tamil Nadu Consultation; deliberations hijacked by parents and professionals
- Abidi writes to P.M., expresses disappointment over Union Budget
- âDisability Act should include elderlyâ
- Delhi High Court directs A.I.I.M.S. to call disabled doctor for counselling
- Javed Abidi invited to attend C.R.P.D. Committeeâs meeting in Geneva
- Accessible passenger ramps: Innovation of IndiGo Airlines
- Heritage monuments to become disabled-friendly!
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: