Volume 7 Issue 7 - April 01, 2010
Justice A.P. Shah endorses the idea of a National Disabilities Advisor
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: For several months now, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) has been demanding for a national focal point on disability within the Prime Minister’s Office (P.M.O.).
At a recent function in Delhi, former Chief Justice of Delhi High Court, Justice Ajit Prakash Shah endorsed the idea.
“There is a need for a national advisor on disability to the Prime Minister, as it will help in bridging the gap between policies and ground realities,” Shah said at the inauguration of a two day meet on disability in the capital.
A delegation of National Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities - India (N.C.R.P.D. - India), led by convenor Javed Abidi had met the Prime Minister in the month of July 2009 requesting him to appoint an advisor on disability issues. Any formal or distinct position of an advisor has not yet been created. However, as many as twenty two ministries are now being monitored by the P.M.O. on the issue of disability after the meeting.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- "My office is always open, we look forward to inputs from the disability sector", Dr. C. Chandramouli
- If the disabled population is counted correctly there will be no space for the government to deprive us from our rights
- 5th meeting of the National Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (N.C.R.P.D.) held on March 17
- M.S.J.E. to form an ‘Expert Committee’ to study the demand for a new law
- Radical amendments to the National Trust Act proposed
- Urban Development Ministry forms Sub Group to harmonise access guidelines
- Justice A.P. Shah endorses the idea of a National Disabilities Advisor
- M.S.J.E. announces vacancy for the position of C.C.P.D.
- Dates for West and South Zone Consultations finalised
- Supreme Court orders immediate reinstatement of teacher with Cerebral Palsy
- High Court reserves seats for dyslexic students in Delhi University
- Disabled Officer all set to become Major General
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: