Volume 7 Issue 7 - April 01, 2010
Urban Development Ministry forms Sub Group to harmonise access guidelines
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: In October last year, the Ministry of Urban Development had formed a Committee to harmonise the three existing guidelines on access. D.N.I.S. was the first to break this news. After months of being in limbo, the Committee met again on March 15 and a Sub Group was formed to come out with a fresh set of access guidelines in the next two months.
The Sub Group consists of A.K. Saini and Sanjay Pant of the Bureau of Indian Standards; Papiya Sarkar of Central Public Works Department (C.P.W.D.); M.L. Chotani of Association of Municipalities and Development Authorities (A.M.D.A.); J.B. Kshirsagar of Town and Country Planning Organisation (T.C.P.O.); Shivani Gupta of AccessAbility; Sminu Jindal of Svayam; and Anjlee Agarwal of Samarthyam.
The Sub Group had its first meeting on March 23 and discussed the contents of the new guidelines.
This is being seen as a welcome change from the earlier attitude of indifference of the Urban Development Ministry. Infact, even when the Committee was formed, credible names in the field of accessibility were not considered. It took N.C.P.E.D.P.’s meetings with Jaipal Reddy, Minister for Urban Development and with R.C. Mishra, Additional Secretary, Urban Development to make the Ministry see sense.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- "My office is always open, we look forward to inputs from the disability sector", Dr. C. Chandramouli
- If the disabled population is counted correctly there will be no space for the government to deprive us from our rights
- 5th meeting of the National Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (N.C.R.P.D.) held on March 17
- M.S.J.E. to form an â€˜Expert Committeeâ€™ to study the demand for a new law
- Radical amendments to the National Trust Act proposed
- Urban Development Ministry forms Sub Group to harmonise access guidelines
- Justice A.P. Shah endorses the idea of a National Disabilities Advisor
- M.S.J.E. announces vacancy for the position of C.C.P.D.
- Dates for West and South Zone Consultations finalised
- Supreme Court orders immediate reinstatement of teacher with Cerebral Palsy
- High Court reserves seats for dyslexic students in Delhi University
- Disabled Officer all set to become Major General
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: