Volume 8 Issue 7 - April 01, 2011
Sports Ministry derecognises P.C.I.D.N.I.S. News Network, India: After observing several irregularities, the Sports Ministry derecognised the Paralympics Committee of India (P.C.I.).
In an order dated March 28, the Ministry slapped several charges against the federation. The Ministry pointed out that nepotism in selection of athletes, mismanagement of I.W.A.S. World Games held in Bengaluru in 2009, poor handling of Indian para athletes in the Guangzhou Asian Games, and submitting false utilisation certificate were some of reported irregularities.
In February, P.C.I. was suspended and given a show cause notice. However, after finding that the federation’s response was “not satisfactory”, P.C.I. has now been officially derecognised.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- “Lack of political will on the part of decision makers is a hurdle towards mainstreaming disability”
- “Our focus is on enhancing the equitable inclusion of people with disabilities as employees, customers and stakeholders,” Suzanne Colbert
- D.M. Naidu passes away: A huge loss for the Indian disability sector
- Beleaguered Committee drafting new disability law set to miss deadline yet again!
- Health Ministry and M.S.J.E. to finally sit together to discuss Legal Capacity
- Indian Sign Language Research Institute: M.S.J.E. endorses I.G.N.O.U.’s hijacking!
- Once again a disabled student has been put to test. Well, literally.
- Sports Ministry derecognises P.C.I.
- Identify less strenuous jobs for disabled jawans: Delhi High Court
- Finance Minister ends medical misery, rolls back tax
- A.M.U.’s Centre for Distance Education to also focus on people with disabilities
- Public awareness about Down’s Syndrome essential: Dr Chopade
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: