Volume 4 Issue 8 - April 15, 2006
N.C.P.E.D.P partners with C.I.I. for Conference on Disability
D.N.I.S. News Network- National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) will partner with Confederation of Indian Industry (C.I.I.) to host a path-breaking conference titled “Disability: Mainstreaming the Marginalised”.
The conference aims to create awareness about the status of disabled people in the country, to discuss issues of inclusion and access, to help assess a fit between persons with disabilities and job requirement, to understand skill training needs, to use feedback from companies working with the disabled and to provide a networking platform for organisations working for people with disabilities and corporates.
According to a C.I.I. invite, India has over 70 million disabled people and out of this a large percentage suffers from disabilities, which with pertinent training, can become productive and contributing members of society.
The corporate sector, to some extent, is becoming an essential partner in identifying opportunities to enhance the economic participation of people with disabilities. C.I.I. would like to engage all its members in this to realize that a vast number of people with disabilities have the potential to make a positive difference to the business community.
Apart from top brass of C.I.I. and disability experts, including officials from the Government of India, President of India is also expected to attend this important event.
The conference will end with the formation of a group of volunteers from different areas of specialisation to jointly work for this cause. On the sidelines, an exhibition is planned to showcase products handcrafted by disabled people.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Inclusive Education to receive unprecedented focus through S.S.A.; Sub-Mission announced
- Assembly polls see debut of Braille-enabled E.V.M.s in Assam, but very few ramps
- N.C.P.E.D.P partners with C.I.I. for Conference on Disability
- Disabled girl’s dream of joining I.A.S. nipped in the bud
- Goa becomes the first to announce State Disability Policy
- Social Justice March by disabled political activists reaches Delhi
- Disabled women in Orissa step out to press for their demands on World Women’s Day
- M.S.J.E. clears over one billion rupee to D.T.C. to make public transport disabled-friendly
- Jawaharlal Nehru University gearing for disabled-friendly initiatives
- Exhibition involving mentally disabled youth, India’s best painters breaks the charity mould
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: