Volume 8 Issue 8 - November 15, 2011
The 13th N.C.P.E.D.P. – Shell Helen Keller Awards 2011 announced
The jury of the N.C.P.E.D.P. – Shell Helen Keller Awards, which is in its 13th year, has announced the list of awardees in all three categories.
Category A: Role Model Disabled Persons: Disabled persons from within the disability sector and outside who have been active as ambassadors of the cause of employment for disabled people and are a positive role model for others.
The winners are Ashwin Karthik, Delivery Software Engineer, MphasiS, Bengaluru; Nilesh Singhal, Deputy Manager, State Bank of India, Bhopal and Pradeep Raj, General Secretary, Association for Disabled People, Delhi.
Category B: Role Model Supporters of Increased Employment Opportunities for Disabled People: Individuals from within the disability sector or outside who have contributed substantially to the cause of promoting employment opportunities for disabled people over an extended period of time.
Meera Shenoy, Chief Executive, Centre for PwD Livelihoods (CPDL), Hyderabad; Niranjan Khatri, General Manager of WelcomEnviron Initiatives, ITC Welcomgroup, New Delhi and Thilakam Rajendran, Managing Director, A.R.U.N.I.M., New Delhi are the winners in this category.
Category C: Role Model Companies/N.G.O.s/Institutions: Organisations from the disability sector or outside who have shown their commitment towards promoting equal employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
The awardees are Aegis Limited, Mumbai; Deaf Enabled Foundation, Hyderabad; I.T.C. Maurya, New Delhi; Muskaan (Parents Association for the Welfare of Children with Mental Handicap), New Delhi and Pointec Pens Private Limited, Bengaluru.
The jury this year comprised of Sushanta Sen, Principal Adviser to the Confederation of Indian Industry; Aarti Dhar, Special Correspondent, The Hindu; Anshu Gupta, Founder Director of GOONJ and Deepak Mukarji, Head of Corporate Affairs, Shell Group of Companies, India.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Javed Abidi elected as Chairperson of D.P.I.
- 12th Plan Steering Committees: A major breakthrough for the disability sector
- The 13th N.C.P.E.D.P. – Shell Helen Keller Awards 2011 announced
- N.A.C. to look into the proposed new disability rights law
- Coordination-cum-Monitoring Committee formed for I.S.L.R.T.C.
- Stakeholders’ Report for the U.P.R.
- Discriminatory law denies equal rights to hearing impaired girl
- M.H.A.D.A. rapped for not using the right definition of disability
- Report on setting up of the institute on universal design awaited
- A children’s festival with a message
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: