Volume 8 Issue 8 - November 15, 2011
N.A.C. to look into the proposed new disability rights law
The National Advisory Council (N.A.C.) has recently constituted a Working Group of its Members dealing with the subject of Social Protection, with Harsh Mander as the Convener. One of the issues of concern taken up by the Group is the draft of the proposed Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2011. The draft had been submitted to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (M.S.J.E.) by the Committee headed by Dr. Sudha Kaul.
The Working Group held its first meeting on this subject on November 8, 2011 in New Delhi and then, another one on November 15, 2011 in Hyderabad.
The N.A.C. Working Group will attempt to engage with various views and try to narrow down the disagreements to the extent feasible, so that a strong and consensual law for the rights of persons with disabilities emerges.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- â€śThe governmentâ€™s commitment towards people with disabilities needs to reflect clearly in budgetsâ€ť
- Javed Abidi elected as Chairperson of D.P.I.
- 12th Plan Steering Committees: A major breakthrough for the disability sector
- The 13th N.C.P.E.D.P. â€“ Shell Helen Keller Awards 2011 announced
- N.A.C. to look into the proposed new disability rights law
- Coordination-cum-Monitoring Committee formed for I.S.L.R.T.C.
- Stakeholdersâ€™ Report for the U.P.R.
- Discriminatory law denies equal rights to hearing impaired girl
- M.H.A.D.A. rapped for not using the right definition of disability
- Report on setting up of the institute on universal design awaited
- A childrenâ€™s festival with a message
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: