Volume 4 Issue 9 - May 01, 2006
South D.L.U. files petition against Culture and Religious Endowments Department, T.N.
DNIS News Network - Rajiv Rajan, South Zone Regional Coordinator, Disability Law Unit, and his colleague Meenakshi have filed a Public Interest Litigation against Culture and Religious Endowments Department, Tamil Nadu, in Chennai High Court for violation of Article 25 of the Indian Constitution.
September 2005 the duo were denied entry into the
Article 25(2) (b) of the Constitution speaks about throwing open the Hindu Religious Institutions of public character to all classes and sections of Hindus which will provide for social welfare and reform.
Also the right to enter a temple is guaranteed under Section 3 of the Tamil Nadu Temple Entry Act 1947. Section 3 says, “ Every Hindu irrespective of the Caste or sect to which he belongs, shall be entitled to enter any Hindu Temple and offer worship therein in the same manner and to the same extent as Hindu in general or any section of Hindus do.”
Thus the denial of the persons with locomotors disability to enter any temple is in violation of the provision of the Tamil Nadu Temple Entry Act 1947.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Rajasthan Government provides 3 % reservation for disabled people in R.J.S.
- Bihar Government to appoint State Commissioner for Disability
- N.C.E.R.T.â€™s Action Plan for â€˜School for Allâ€™
- South D.L.U. files petition against Culture and Religious Endowments Department, T.N.
- Chennai High Court gives nod to Low Floor Buses
- â€˜We don't have the money to provide you with all your rights': Chief Electoral Officer of Tamil Nadu
- National Capital Region gets round-the-clock disability helpline
- Hemophiliacs demand adequate funds and medical facility
- Experiences of the Disability Movement shared in the Arab world
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy offers hope to cerebral palsy affected people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: