Volume 6 Issue 9 - October 15, 2009
West Bengal leads in employing disabled people under N.R.E.G.A.
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: West Bengal is the leading State in providing employment to people with disabilities under the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (N.R.E.G.A.). Latest reports suggest that West Bengal provided employment to 29,714 disabled people for the current financial year, 2009 -10. It was followed by Chhattisgarh which employed 13,763 disabled people. Bihar was the worst performer with a figure of only 38.
Madhya Pradesh was in the third place with a figure of 9,787 and Tripura was fourth with 8,485. Although Rajasthan had the highest cumulative employment figure, it had employed only 2,271 people with disabilities.
It may be mentioned that in the year 2008 - 09 a total of 1,46,855 people with disabilities were employed under N.R.E.G.A. The government is expecting this figure to increase in the current financial year.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- âEveryone who needs support should be included in the National Trust Actâ: Poonam Natarajan
- âMental illness is not a disability, it is a diseaseâ: J.P. Gadkari
- Barrier free Delhi - Ministry more keen on a quick fix
- Finally, Chandigarh Administration comes around
- M.S.J.E. continues to drag its feet on web access
- N.A.D. decries non - implementation of XIth Plan
- West Bengal leads in employing disabled people under N.R.E.G.A.
- Access Audit of Election Booths
- Third time around, hearing impaired Maniram makes it to I.A.S.
- U.N.C.R.P.D. in three more Indian languages
- Call for papers for Techshare India 2010 announced
- Signs of changing times
- Demand for accessible hotel rooms on the rise
- Registration of special category vehicles caught in red tape
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: