Volume 7 Issue 9 - May 01, 2010
U.N.C.R.P.D. available in Marathi
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The Marathi translation of U.N.C.R.P.D. is now available. N.C.P.E.D.P., in collaboration with the National Association for the Blind - India, has made the translation possible.
After India ratified U.N.C.R.P.D. in 2007, the exercise of translating it into regional languages is being carried out by N.C.P.E.D.P.
U.N.C.R.P.D. has already been translated into Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Urdu, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil and Malayalam languages.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Census 2011 and Disability – Mithu Alur’s publicity stunt enrages the disability sector
- Moment of reckoning - New Law versus Amendments
- West Zone too roots for a new law!
- No matter how many amendments we make, existing law cannot match U.N.C.R.P.D. expectations!
- “Neither me nor Justice Chapalgaonkar were involved in drafting the Mental Health Act Amendments,” Justice A.P. Shah
- Amendments to Right to Education Act tabled in Rajya Sabha
- South Zone unanimously supports ‘New Law’
- West Zone unanimous too, calls for a ‘New Law’!
- National Policy on Electronic Accessibility put up in the public domain
- Ministry of Information Technology makes it’s website accessible
- Urban Development Sub Group on access guidelines likely to miss deadline
- U.N.C.R.P.D. available in Marathi
- Disability sector opposes proposed amendments to Copyright Act, 1957
- Led by Brinda Karat, thousands protest at Parliament Street
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: