Volume 8 Issue 9 - December 01, 2011
P.I.L. filed to integrate children with mental disabilities in mainstream education
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: Social Jurist, an organisation headed by advocate Ashok Agarwal, has moved the Delhi High Court to enforce key provisions of the Right to Education (R.T.E.) Act, 2009 and for the integration of children with mental disabilities from economically weaker sections in the main-stream education system. A Public Interest Litigation (P.I.L.) has been filed by Social Jurist to get the High Court’s intervention on integrating 392 children, in the age group 5 to 18, in State Government run Asha Kiran Home at Rohini, Delhi, in mainstream education.
Despite the R.T.E. Act, 2009 which came into force with effect from April 1, 2010, Delhi Government has failed to make Rules by Notification resulting in delay in implementation of key provisions. After being pulled up by the Court, the Delhi Government has issued the Rules by Notification, enforceable from November 23, 2011, which also talks about inclusive education with special provisions for children with disabilities.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Disability sector submits Stakeholder’s Report for India’s U.P.R.
- U.N.C.R.P.D. Committee gets an added week to meet every year
- International forum on ratification and implementation of C.R.P.D. in Asia and the Pacific held in Korea
- Five years gone, no review on National Policy for Persons with Disabilities yet
- Visually impaired candidates discriminated by U.P.S.C., meet P.M.
- Coordination-cum-Monitoring Committee on I.S.L.R.T.C. holds its first meeting
- Delhi High Court directs Centre to appoint Sign Language interpreters in offices
- Sanchi: First heritage site in India to be accessible to people with visual impairment
- P.I.L. filed to integrate children with mental disabilities in mainstream education
- N.H.F.D.C. announces 1,500 scholarships for persons with disabilities
- Joint effort by Wadhwani Foundation and TeamLease – I.I.J.T. to empower persons with disabilities
- T.R.R.A.I.N. to make persons with disabilities part of the retail boom
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: