Volume 9 Issue 9 - July 15, 2012
London Games to be the ‘most disabled-friendly’, claims U.K.D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The London Olympics Games 2012, set to start in a few days, have made elaborate arrangements for people with disabilities. “The London 2012 Games will be the most accessible ever held and we have invested to improve accessibility across London’s transport network,” said Peter Hendy, Commissioner of Transport for London. The transport network is primed to carry more passengers with disabilities to more events at more locations than on any previous occasion.
Arrangements for accessible transport, shuttle services, designated parking space, etc. have been made at all the venues in London and across United Kingdom (U.K.).
India should take a page out of the London Games to learn how to organise truly world-class events that do not leave out a huge chunk of the population. The Commonwealth Games of 2010 held in New Delhi forgot all about accessibility when it came to spectators with disabilities.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Winners of 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P. - MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 announced
- I.I.T. alleges certifying hospital not competent, Delhi High Court asks for proof
- Person with disability tops Maharashtra Public Service exam
- Presidential candidate makes derogatory remarks on disability
- Disability pension not for injuries off-duty, says Supreme Court
- Still no special educators in Delhi municipal schools
- U.N. comes out with report to strengthen treaty body system
- D.U. and J.N.U. get M.S.J.E. funds to make their campus disabled-friendly
- London Games to be the ‘most disabled-friendly’, claims U.K.
- Delhi courts to fast track pending cases involving disabled and elderly people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: