DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 2 Issue 19October 01, 2004
- A sporting chance
Sport is a very effective tool for rehabilitation. It is unfortunate that the policy-makers, administrators and the people who run institutions for the disabled have not understood the potential of sport, says George Abraham
- Mumbai election officials ignore disabled voters
DRG has filed a petition asking for disabled-friendly facilities for the by-elections scheduled in October.
- Dharna moves Election Commission to action
A massive demonstration took place in New Delhi on September 28, outside the gates of the Election Commission, protesting against the lack of facilities for disabled voters in the upcoming assembly and by-elections.
- Progress on issue of Braille for visually impaired voters
Javed Abidi, Convenor of Disabled Rights Group (DRG) and a delegation of blind activists met with the election commissioner on September 29, to finalise arrangements vis-à-vis disabled friendly voting processes for the visually impaired people.
- Seminar promotes inclusive education
A seminar organised by the National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP) on 'Mainstreaming education for disabled students' was held on September 17 in New Delhi.
- Devendra bags Paralympic Gold
India's eternal quest for an Olympic gold finally culminated on a successful note with Devendra winning the coveted medal in Javelin throw at the Paralympics in Athens last month.
- NCPEDP launches 6th annual Shell-Helen Keller Awards
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People has invited applications from individuals, corporates and organisations for its NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards 2004.
- Disabled cricketers have a gala time in Delhi
Special Olympics Delhi (SOD) organised a two-day cricket tournament from September 15 at Jamia Milia Islamia University grounds.
- New sign language connects
Latest researches report a new system of sign languages developed by deaf children in Nicaragua.
- UP government to help disabled people become self-employed
The UP Chief Minister announces the launch of a special self-employment scheme for disabled people.
- Dance and drama competition for disabled children
Disabled students gave an impeccable performance at a four-hour dance drama interschool competition on September 17 in New Delhi.