DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by:
Volume 3 Issue 22November 15, 2005
- Honouring excellence and commitment â€“ 7th N.C.P.E.D.P. - Shell Helen Keller Awards announcedThe N.C.P.E.D.P.-Shell Helen Keller Awards have been announced. In its seventh year, the Awards have not only led to a recognition of the exceptional work being done by corporates, NGOs and individuals, but have also emerged as a credible way to map the progress being made year by year towards greater dignity and empowerment of India’s 70 million disabled citizens, says Chitra S. Shankar.
- Remove fear of the unknown to create awareness for employability of disabled people: Bhargava“The issue of employability of disabled people in the corporate sector needs to be addressed by creating awareness and dispelling fear of the unknown that the industries have had, by imparting skills and creating workstations that allow disabled people to give maximum output,” says Subodh Bhargava, Former President of Confederation of Indian Industry and Trustee of N.C.P.E.D.P., in an interview to Parvinder Singh and Chitra S. Shankar.
- H.R.D. Ministry to hold National Consultation on National Action Plan on Inclusive EducationIn a significant move, the Ministry of Human Resource Development will host a National Consultation on 30 November, 2005, to finalise a National Action Plan on Inclusive Education of Children and Youth with Disabilities on the basis of the feedback gathered from Non Governmental Organisations, professionals and stakeholders in the field of disability and education.
- N.C.P.E.D.P. Kashmir Earthquake Fund set up, round table planned in J&KA national relief fund by the name of “National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People Kashmir Earthquake Fund”, has been set up to raise money for rehabilitation of disabled people affected by the Kashmir earthquake, following a fact-finding mission by the National Disability Network and Disabled Peoples’ International, India.
- As India gears to celebrate World Disability Day it's time for introspectionThis year, the World Disability Day has assumed a special significance as it also happens to be the 10th year of the Disability Act, 1995, and, as is with all such landmarks, has become a reason for introspection rather than an event merely for celebrations.
- Much-awaited disabled-friendly buses hit Delhi roadsIn a small but significant step that would allow people with disabilities in the National Capital to use state transport buses without the usual humiliation, low-floor buses have been inducted in the Delhi Transport Corporation fleet.
- H.C. asks D.U., Indraprastha University to submit affidavits on facilities for disabled people
The Delhi High Court has asked Delhi University and, Indraprastha University to submit affidavits on the facilities being provided to disabled students as per The Disability Act, 1995, at the earliest.
- President urges scientists, doctors to create an affordable cochlear implant
President A.P.J. Abdul Kalam has urged the community of scientists, engineers and doctors to take up the challenge of bringing out a indigeneous cochlear implant device-- which can restore hearing in people with profound hearing impairment-- that would cost less than Rs. 100,000, in the coming two years.
- Delhi Building Byelaws (Amendment) Bill-2005 referred to Union Home MinistryThe much-debated Delhi Building Byelaws (Amendment) Bill-2005 has been referred to the Union Home Ministry by the Delhi Assembly to seek comments and opinions on the same.
- Despite H.C. order, visually impaired still await promised appointmentEven as India approaches a decade of the passage of The Disability Act, five people with visual impairment are awaiting appointment to government jobs, for which they were selected over six years ago, despite an order by the Kerala High Court asking the Central Government to pursue their cases.
- Mumbai Police Chief asks cops to deal empathetically with problems faced by disabled peopleIn a bid to sensitise Mumbai cops to the problems faced by disabled people, Police Commissioner A.N. Roy has issued a directive asking his men to deal sternly with those harassing disabled people and to take special care while dealing with complaints relating to them.
- V.S.O Fundraising and Resource Mobilisation Workshop held in OrissaVoluntary Services Overseas (V.S.O.) held its Fundraising and Resource Mobilisation Workshop in Orissa seeking to highlight ways of generating resources within the country to reduce dependence on foreign donors.
- Camera study by I.S.I.C. to pave wave for wheelchair for Indian conditionsOne of the greatest problem areas for people with disability in India has been the availability of assistive devices that leaves them either with low-quality options or the ones that are made in developed countries suitable for conditions prevailing there.