Volume 4 Issue 13 - July 01, 2006
National Institute for Persons with Multiple Disabilities in Tamil Nadu
D.N.I.S. News Network ľ Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has announced that it will set up a national institute for persons with multiple disabilities in Kancheepuram district in Tamil Nadu.
The National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (N.I.E.P.M.D.) will cater to special rehabilitation needs of persons with multiple disabilities and impart professional training to them.
The term Multiple Disabilities encompasses those with two or more disabilities listed in the Disability Act which includes low vision, blindness, locomotor disability, hearing impairment, mental disability, mental illness, leprosy cured, and as National Trust included in 1999 ľ cerebral palsy and autism.
The major objectives as stated by the Ministry are:
- To undertake development of human resources for management, training, rehabilitation, education, employment and social development of persons with multiple disabilities.
- To promote and conduct research in all areas relating to multiple disabilities and to develop transdisciplinary models and strategies for social rehabilitation to meet the needs of diverse groups of people with multiple disabilities.
It has invited applications for its courses including Diploma in Special Education (Deafblindness) and Diploma in Special Education (Cerebral Palsy).
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- M.S.J.E. comes up with its own proposal for amendments to the Disability Act!
- Government to rehabilitate polio victims; Rs. 1,039 crore earmarked for polio eradication
- Grant provisional admission to disabled student: Delhi High Court tells D.U.
- National Institute for Persons with Multiple Disabilities in Tamil Nadu
- Delhi Government increases ex-gratia payment for war disabled soldiers
- Loopholes in the proposed Delhi Building Bylaws
- 200 high-capacity buses to hit Delhi roads in next six months
- Specially designed bus shelters in the offing
- New devices for visually impaired launched
- ÔÇśDisabledÔÇÖ fans ejected from stadium
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: