Volume 6 Issue 13 - December 15, 2009
11th N.C.P.E.D.P. Shell Helen Keller Awards wind up to a full house
Kapil Sibal at the award ceremony
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: The 11th N.C.P.E.D.P. Shell Helen Keller Awards came to a close on the night of December 2, on the eve of World Disability Day. The award ceremony began shortly after 7 p.m. and was hosted at the India International Centre Auditorium, New Delhi.
This year’s ceremony witnessed an unprecedented turnout. Friends, relatives and well wishers of the awardees made sure that the auditorium operated at full capacity. Kapil Sibal, Minister for Human Resource Development was the Chief Guest and Shekhar Gupta, Editor - in- Chief, The Indian Express presided over the function.
Speaking at the award ceremony, Sibal lauded the efforts of the organisations for creating equal opportunity. “We should all work together to ensure that people with disability can avail the same facilities and benefits like everyone else,” Sibal said.
“My doors are always open to you,” he added.
Shekhar Gupta started off by noting that it is not always that a person gets an opportunity to address a full house! In a speech laced with wit and humour, he said that the political system often neglects millions of disabled people, as they are not seen as a vote bank. “I long to see the day when the disabled population of the country will become a political force to reckon with,” he said.
Dr. Meenu Bhambhani gave the acceptance speech on behalf of all individual awardees while Suresh Vaswani, Joint C.E.O., Wipro’s I.T. Business spoke on behalf of all organisational winners.
N.C.P.E.D.P. Shell Helen Keller Awards are given away every year under three categories: role model disabled individuals, role model non-disabled individuals and role model organizations. The Award honours those who are doing their bit in providing gainful employment and promoting equal opportunities for disabled persons.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- World Disability Day celebrations held at India Gate
- 11th N.C.P.E.D.P. Shell Helen Keller Awards wind up to a full house
- Thousands of deaf protestors bring Planning Commission to a standstill
- Urban Development Minister assures N.C.P.E.D.P. on Access Guidelines
- Rights group writes to H.R.D. Minister on discriminatory Copyright Act
- Limited early bird discounts for Techshare 2010 participants
- Indian Blind Cricket League called off
- C.A.T. runs into more trouble
- â€˜Want daughter to be a doctor, to take care of me.â€™
- Disabled people to be recruited as volunteers for Commonwealth Games
- Karnataka High Court issues notice on reservation for disabled people
- Government schools discriminate against disabled children
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: