Volume 2 Issue 15 - August 01, 2004
Deepalaya marks 25 years of serving the marginalisedDNIS News Network -- Celebrating 25 years of its existence, Deepalaya has been a steady source of support for the underprivileged and the marginalised.
July 16, 2004, marked the silver jubilee of the Delhi-based NGO Deepalaya, an organisation focussing on children and development of urban and rural communities. The celebrations were inaugurated by Sheila Dikshit, who released a document titled ‘Child Achievers’. The document listed out names of Deepalaya’s strong-willed children who fought against poverty and disabilities to become respectful, contributing members of society.
Eminent sociologist Dr T.K. Oomen, who stressed the need for primary education for rural children, moderated a symposium on ‘Rights to Education for Children of Marginalised Groups’. Prominent speakers like Dr A K Kaushal from the Directorate of Education, Ashok Agarwal, a lawyer working for the educational interests of the marginalized and Enakshi Ganguly, Executive Secretary, HAQ Centre for Child Rights, also presented their opinions at the symposium.
The students of Deepalaya presented a cultural performance followed by the recognition of 25 child achievers from the slums in the city.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Simple test to detect walking problem
- Youth work for a social cause
- Disabled children shine through
- An arena for the intellectually disabled
- â€˜Expressionsâ€™ to be a guiding light to disturbed kids
- Deepalaya marks 25 years of serving the marginalised
- Club-foot clinic unable to cope with increasing demand
- Budget is a farce for disabled children
- No disappointment for disabled students in DU
- â€˜Jeenaâ€™ gives disabled immigrant children a new ray of hope
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: