Volume 2 Issue 17 - September 01, 2004
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan to serve education needs of disabled children
DNIS News Network - The government has decided to set up a separate directorate of elementary education to ensure proper implementation of the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan in Himachal Pradesh. According to the directorate, disabled children will be given special attention and provisions.
The Himachal Pradesh government has set up the directorate of elementary education separate from the existing directorate of education, to ensure proper implementation of the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan. This Rs 532 crore Universal Elementary Education Programme is aimed at providing useful and relevant education to all children between the ages of six and 14 years by 2010. It foresees the bridging of social, regional and gender gaps, with the active participation of the community alongside the school management.
As a part of this directorate, a provision of Rs 1,200 per child, per annum, for the education of disabled children has been made.
There are about 30,00 disabled students in the state, from 6 to18 years old.
Of these 27,746 have been admitted to schools. The remaining 2,200 children
are severely disabled and cannot be enrolled in any school. A special provision
for home-based education has been made for these children, with assistance from
local voluntary agencies.
The directorate has also paid special attention to the education of girl children, among several other programmes.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Rajiv Gandhi scholarship awards for disabled students
- 98.8% disabled students don't get higher education
- High Court sensitive to stuttering assistant
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan to serve education needs of disabled children
- Disability Law Units convene in Delhi
- A music album to raise money for disabled children
- Job opportunity for the physically disabled
- Aanchal to help mentally challenged children
- Referral units for disabled throughout the country
- Self-employment opportunities in Faridabad
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: