Volume 3 Issue 19 - October 01, 2005
N.C.P.E.D.P. calls for nominations for Shell Helen Keller Awards
D.N.I.S. News Network – National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.) has called for nominations for the NCPEDP - Shell Helen Keller Awards to recognise persons, corporates, organisations that have contributed to the cause of promoting employment opportunities for disabled people.
Nominations for the award are open till 10 October under the following three categories:
Category A: Disabled persons from within and outside the disability sector who have been active as ambassadors of the cause of employment for disabled people and are a positive role model for others (three awards).
Category B: Role Model Supporter of Increased Employment Opportunities for Disabled People: Individuals from within the disability sector and outside who have contributed substantially to the cause of promoting employment opportunities for disabled people over an extended period of time (three Awards).
Category C: Finally, Companies, organisations, institutions that through their policies and practices demonstrate their belief in equal rights and gainful employment for persons with disabilities. (three awards).
Under the Scheme a total of six individuals and three organisations are awarded a medal and trophy, respectively, along with a citation. The awards will be presented at a function on 2nd December, the eve of the World Disability Day, at New Delhi.
The selection procedure involves a high-powered Sub-Committee that scrutinises all nominations and those selected will be informed directly. Subodh Bhargava, Former President of Confederation of Indian Industry, and Advisor, Eicher Group of Companies, has chaired the Sub-Committee since its inception in 1999.
According to an N.C.P.E.D.P. release: “This is the seventh year that N.C.P.E.D.P. will be giving away these Awards. These Awards not only help us in recognising the good work being done by Corporates, NGOs and individuals, but also catalogue the progress we are making year by year towards greater dignity and empowerment of India’s 70 million disabled citizens.”
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- National Consultation on National Disability Policy brings out unrepresentative framing process
- C.B.S.H.O.D. concludes with Islamabad Declaration to give a boost to disability rights movement
- Delhi H.C. issues notices to Government of India, Ministries concerned on issue of access
- N.C.P.E.D.P. calls for nominations for Shell Helen Keller Awards
- M.H.R.D. releases revised Action Plan on Inclusive Education for Children & Youth with Disabilities
- Delhi H.C. asks D.U. College to grant admission to a disabled student
- Wheelchair using siblings denied entry to a Delhi cinema hall
- C.I.I. ties up with N.C.P.E.D.P. to enhance awareness on employment for persons with disabilities
- Punjab H.C. seeks details on undertrials in mental institutions
- Centre to extend financial assistance to organisations providing services to persons with diabilties
- India on its way to total eradication of polio: Global Polio Eradication Initiative
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: