Volume 8 Issue 2 - January 15, 2011
Another case of discrimination surfaces in the Civil ServicesD.N.I.S. News Network, India: One more case of discrimination against a visually-impaired person has surfaced in the Civil Services recruitment process. Rajesh Kumar Singh had cleared the Civil Services Examination in 2006 Ė 2007 and secured a third place in the visually-impaired category merit list. However, despite a high rank in the examination, Singh is still waiting for an appointment letter from the Government.
Another candidate, Ravi Prakash Gupta, who secured a fifth rank in the visually-impaired category merit list, had approached the High Court in 2008. The High Court ruled in Guptaís favour and he was able to get a job in the Indian Administrative Service (I.A.S.).
Drawing hope from that judgement, Singh approached the Supreme Court. They directed the Department of Personnel and Training (D.o.P.T.) to appoint him and also said that he had a much better claim than Gupta.
Since then, Singh has approached many officials with the Supreme Court order but nothing concrete has been done so far.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- ‚ÄúThe law drafters have made it clear that they are on the side of care givers‚Äô interests,‚ÄĚ Bhargavi Davar
- With blinkers on, a diminished Committee on new disability law goes on
- Protest in Chennai over new law on disability rights
- North Zone Consultation on ‚ÄėCensus 2011 & Disability‚Äô
- South Zone Consultation on ‚ÄėCensus 2011 & Disability‚Äô
- Commonwealth meet on disability
- S.C. warns states of contempt action on Disabilities Act
- Another case of discrimination surfaces in the Civil Services
- Provide modern technology for visually impaired employees: Bombay H.C.
- Web portal launched with jobs exclusively for disabled people
- 1971 war-disabled run Mumbai marathon
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: