Volume 2 Issue 22 - November 15, 2004
ArtsAbility promotes creative expression
DNIS News Network - NCPEDP is presenting the first-of-its-kind National ArtsAbility Festival organised by the Asia Pacific Therapeutic Theatre (APTT), featuring students with disabilities.
The festival will be triggered off with a week-long photo and art exhibition from December 1 at Ajanta Arts Gallery, ICCR. The art exhibition will showcase artworks by disabled children from around the country, while the photo exhibition will focus on previous APTT productions featuring disabled actors and dancers from India and abroad.
APTT is India's first 'differently-abled people's theatre' established to enrich the lives of disabled people through the promotion of creative expression, self-awareness and strengthening their spirits. It is credited with creating more than 50 therapeutic theatre projects for children with disabilities and has promoted their talents internationally.
Theatre will be the main attraction of the festival, with two special theatre performances from Indian epics, Ramayana-on-wheels and Devi - The Ultimate Power, starring disabled children from various special schools in Delhi. Renowned classical dancer and theatre veteran, Sayed Salahuddin Pasha, has choreographed these performances.
Ramayana-on-wheels will be staged at Kamani Auditorium on December 5. The festival will conclude with the staging of Devi - The Ultimate Power, at Sri Ram Centre of Arts and Culture on December 7.
Through this national theatre festival, NCPEDP endeavours to provide a platform for disabled children to express themselves artistically. This opportunity will help them gain confidence in achieving their potential as performers, artists, or in whatever field they choose.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Government wants jobs reserved for disabled people in NGOs
- NCPEDP joins hands with Bhagidari for WDD celebrations
- CBSE to make inclusive education a reality
- Arunachal polling booths not disabled-friendly
- 5% seats now reserved for disabled people in Nepal Civil Services
- War disabled allege discrimination
- Youth Parliament debates strategies to tackle AIDS
- Arman Ali nominated for Vietnam seminar
- ArtsAbility promotes creative expression
- IT.com 2004 firms sensitive to disabled people
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: