Volume 3 Issue 22 - November 15, 2005
V.S.O Fundraising and Resource Mobilisation Workshop held in Orissa
D.N.I.S. News Service Voluntary Services Overseas (V.S.O.) held its Fundraising and Resource Mobilisation Workshop in Orissa seeking to highlight ways of generating resources within the country to reduce dependence on foreign donors.
At the Workshop, held from 25 to 27 October 2005 in Bhubaneswar at Centre for Youth and Social Development, volunteers from V.S.O. facilitated the proceedings involving 31 Non Governmental Organisations (N.G.O.s) working in the area of disability, HIV/Aids and Governance.
The Workshop focused on ways to raise money internally, thus reducing dependence on foreign donors and allowing Indian NGOs to set their own agenda. Sessions were held on corporate fundraising, direct mail, fundraising events, and communications skills for fundraisers.
The participatory Workshop saw participants sharing skills and ideas with each other. They learnt that fundraising is a mix of commonsense, confidence and good luck.
Workshop Facilitator Ella Moffat, said: The participants were all great, with so much experience and good ideas. Originally they said they did not do much local fundraising, however once they got talking it was clear that they were had done lots of innovative fundraising in their areas. We were the catalyst, and they learn the most from each other that was fantastic. I wish all the participants luck and look forward to hearing about how their fundraising continues.
I felt the issues covered by the Workshop were very relevant and the methods suggested are very practical. These sessions were also very good because they were based on two-way communication are not merely on lecturing, a participant said.
"This was a very important and valuable Workshop in the present situation so far as NGOs are concerned," another participant added.
Facilitators at the Workshop included: Wanja Muguongo, Nav Bharat Jagriti Kendra (NBJK), George Ojuondo, Indian Network for People Living with HIV/AIDS (INP+), Genise Gill, Haemophilia Federation India and Ella Moffat, National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (N.C.P.E.D.P.). The Workshop was organised and funded by V.S.O..
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- H.R.D. Ministry to hold National Consultation on National Action Plan on Inclusive Education
- N.C.P.E.D.P. Kashmir Earthquake Fund set up, round table planned in J&K
- As India gears to celebrate World Disability Day it's time for introspection
- Much-awaited disabled-friendly buses hit Delhi roads
- H.C. asks D.U., Indraprastha University to submit affidavits on facilities for disabled people
- President urges scientists, doctors to create an affordable cochlear implant
- Delhi Building Byelaws (Amendment) Bill-2005 referred to Union Home Ministry
- Despite H.C. order, visually impaired still await promised appointment
- Mumbai Police Chief asks cops to deal empathetically with problems faced by disabled people
- V.S.O Fundraising and Resource Mobilisation Workshop held in Orissa
- Camera study by I.S.I.C. to pave wave for wheelchair for Indian conditions
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: