Volume 3 Issue 22 - November 15, 2005
H.R.D. Ministry to hold National Consultation on National Action Plan on Inclusive Education
D.N.I.S. News Network - In a significant move, the Ministry of Human Resource Development will host a National Consultation on 30 November, 2005, to finalise a National Action Plan on Inclusive Education of Children and Youth with Disabilities on the basis of the feedback gathered from Non Governmental Organisations, professionals and stakeholders in the field of disability and education..
On March 21, 2005, Minister of Human Resource Development Shri Arjun Singh had tabled in Rajya Sabha an 'Action Plan on Inclusive Education of Children and Youth with Disabilities'. This was hugely welcomed by the disability sector as a mark of a clear paradigm shift by the Government of India. It has also become the basic framework around which deliberations and debates are being carried out.
The draft action plan had been placed for public consultation and a process of interdepartmental consultations was started by the Ministry. The proposed National Consultation, being convened in collaboration with N.I.E.P.A., will bring together as participants as many as 35 representatives from the Government Departments, N.G.O.s, professionals from academic bodies and universities and other stakeholders to brainstorm on issues related to inclusive education for finalisation of the National Plan.
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People has been in the forefront in seeking regional and national consensus on the Action Plan by bringing together stakeholders, professionals and activists together. For this it has organised three Zonal Consultation, in Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata, and it plans to hold a national meet in the National Capital.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- H.R.D. Ministry to hold National Consultation on National Action Plan on Inclusive Education
- N.C.P.E.D.P. Kashmir Earthquake Fund set up, round table planned in J&K
- As India gears to celebrate World Disability Day it's time for introspection
- Much-awaited disabled-friendly buses hit Delhi roads
- H.C. asks D.U., Indraprastha University to submit affidavits on facilities for disabled people
- President urges scientists, doctors to create an affordable cochlear implant
- Delhi Building Byelaws (Amendment) Bill-2005 referred to Union Home Ministry
- Despite H.C. order, visually impaired still await promised appointment
- Mumbai Police Chief asks cops to deal empathetically with problems faced by disabled people
- V.S.O Fundraising and Resource Mobilisation Workshop held in Orissa
- Camera study by I.S.I.C. to pave wave for wheelchair for Indian conditions
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: