Volume 3 Issue 24 - December 15, 2005
H.R.D. Ministry to be nodal agency for implementation of Inclusive Education policy
D.N.I.S. News Network - In a development that could become a watershed moment for disabled children, a Group of Ministers (GoM) that had drafted framework for Inclusive Education has decided to make the Human Resource Development (H.R.D.) Ministry the nodal agency for implementation of the scheme.
Not just this, from now "the funds for disabled people will be transferred from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to the H.R.D. Ministry," according a news report in a leading English daily. This could mark a major step towrads freeing the issues of disabled from the shackels of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empwerment, which has done very little for ensuring participation and equal rights for disabled people.
The report also quotes an unnamed senior ministry official adding that a proposal has been prepared for Cabinet approval.The GoM has also decided to make 70 per cent government schools disabled-friendly and to increase the intake of children with special needs by 20-25 per cent, by 2010.
"The agencies implementing the Sarva Siksha Abhiyan will be asked to collect information on disabled children and try to get them admitted in schools," an official said. Braille will also be made part of the Sarva Siksha Abhiyan.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Delegation of disability leaders calls on President of India on World Disability Day
- A law with no one to implement has been the tragedy of the India's disability sector: Abidi
- Firm up disability laws to ensure rights of disabled people: Delhi High Court Chief Justice
- H.R.D. Ministry to be nodal agency for implementation of Inclusive Education policy
- Kalam asks States to appoint Special Commissioners to ensure implemention of 3 per cent reservation
- More and more disabled students enrolling in open schools: National Institute of Open Schooling
- Madras H.C. directs C.M.T.C. not to buy new buses without ensuring their accessibility
- Inclusive Education Plan set for launch next year: Arjun Singh
- Protests over lack of implementation of Disability Act mark World Disability Day
- Two-day career development forum held for promoting inclusive employment opportunities
- Access audit by D.L.U. South belies claims of disabled-friendly railway stations
- Delhi Travel and Tourism Development Corporation to construct accessible traffic crossings
- Eye Hospital by Rahul Gandhi to address high incidence of curable blindness in Uttar Pradesh
- Thai disability rights protestors clash with police on World Disability Day
- Special Olympics 2005 leaves only "winners"
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: