Volume 4 Issue 3 - February 01, 2006
Unique Project to provide employment to 100 hearing impaired people
D.N.I.S. News Network - Greenfield Foundation, a Public Trust, and Delhi Association for the Deaf have entered into a primary understanding for launching a project that would provide employment to over 100 people with hearing impairment in the National Capital.
Greenfield has designed kiosks where sprout salad will be sold at low prices. Canada-based Kashyap Bhatt, inventor of the solar-powered hydroponics bay, which can be used to grow beans, leafy sprouts and mushrooms, says the kiosks have been designed with clear signages.
The produce will be sold in kiosks across the capital in collaboration with the Delhi Association of the Deaf, for which only those with hearing disabilities will be employed.
Greenfield Foundation will manage these kiosks, provide supplies including sprouts, plates, plastic spoons, salad dressings etc, required and ensure that each operation is in compliance of Health Department and Municipality permits etc. Based on the sales of 50, 100 and 150 grams plates’ sprouts salad and soft drinks etc, the person employed can earn an income of Rs. 100 per working day.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- N.C.P.E.D.P. pitches for announcement of incentives in Union Budget 2006-07
- Will disabled people miss the train again?
- Stop discrimination against disabled civil services aspirants, N.C.P.E.D.P. urges Union Government
- Karnataka High Court asks State Government to implement Disability Act
- District Rehabilitation Centre Scheme faces closure: Project Directorâ€™s Office
- Bank staff versed with sign language attracts clients with hearing impairment
- Severely disabled people untouched by state education scheme in Himachal Pradesh
- Unique Project to provide employment to 100 hearing impaired people
- India yet to wake up to the challenge of old-age related disabilities
- Disabled people find seriousness missing from Mumbai Marathon
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: