Volume 8 Issue 3 - February 01, 2011
No access ramps for disabled people at Sabarmati Ashram
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: There is lack of political will in understanding the seriousness of disability issues which has led to inadequate allocation of resources for disabled people in the country, Disabled Rights Group (D.R.G.) Convenor Javed Abidi said.
Javed Abidi outside Sabarmati Ashram
Narrating his experience on visiting Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad on January 29, Abidi said that there were no ramps for disabled visitors but only steps all over the complex.
Shocked and dismayed, Abidi tweeted, In Gujarat, the land of Gandhi, at Sabarmati Ashram, the home of Bapu, there are no ramps. So, I cant go in!.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Minister makes an effort to bring back disabled members into the Committee
- State Consultations planned on the Working Draft of the proposed new disability law
- New Law must create humane recovery spaces, insists N.A.A.J.M.I.
- U.P. Consultation on Census 2011 & Disability
- Gujarat State Consultation on Census 2011 witnesses huge enthusiasm
- Meeting on draft National Policy on Universal Electronic Accessibility
- N.A.S.S.S.C.O.M.βs Disability Advisory Group to focus on accessibility this year
- Indian Sign Language Institute & Training Centre to be set up this year
- No access ramps for disabled people at Sabarmati Ashram
- Defying odds, 80-year-old disabled surgeon still at work
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: