Volume 1 Issue 4 - October 15, 2003
Disabled kids to get educational policy soonDNIS News Network A comprehensive education policy will be framed for disabled children by November, Delhi High was assured by the Central government, said a newspaper report.
This is perceived as a boon for some 20 million physically disabled children of the country, reported The Pioneer.
The court was informed that less than one per cent of the estimated disabled population attend any kind of school.
The newspaper reported that Division Bench, comprising Chief Justice BC Patel and Justice AK Sikri, was informed that Centre had written to various state governments who have responded well on the issue.
Now the Union Government would be able to take the required steps by next month, Additional Solicitor General KK Sud was reported as saying.
He informed that the primary goal would be to have atleast one integrated school in every district.
It is understood that on September 24, 2003, the division bench, unhappy with the attitude of various government departments, had summoned four union secretaries to appear in the court in person and to explain as to why has the Centre not taken any initiative to frame the education scheme for integrating disabled children.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awards announced
- Rights groups meet to discuss Biwako Millennium Framework
- NCPEDP features on Discovery
- Disabled women seek their rights
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan applauded
- Insurance schemes should be modified for disabled people
- Rights activists demand government support for self-help groups
- Scouts march for leprosy awareness
- Disabled kids to get educational policy soon
- Employment cannot be achieved in isolation: Activists
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: