Volume 8 Issue 4 - February 15, 2011
Denied I.A.S. despite order, visually impaired duo threaten legal actionD.N.I.S. News Network, India: In January this year, D.N.I.S. reported that two visually impaired persons were denied the Indian Administrative Service (I.A.S.) cadre despite a clear and firm directive from the Central Administrative Tribunal (C.A.T.). The two visually impaired persons, Ajit Kumar and Ashish Singh Thakur, who had cleared the Civil Services Examination with good ranks in 2009, have threatened that they would be forced to sue the Government for contempt of court if no action is taken soon.
If the Government does not respond to our notice in two weeks, we will file an application for contempt of court, said Kamlesh Jain, counsel for the two candidates.Kumar, an O.B.C., is an Assistant Professor in Delhi University. He got rank 208 and was offered the Indian Railway Personnel Service. He declined. Thakur, who got rank 435 was offered the Indian Postal Service. He reluctantly took the offer and is currently undergoing training in Bilaspur.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- Finally, âWorking Draftâ of the proposed Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act out!
- Census 2011 begins, disability to be counted properly for the first time
- Committee drafting new disability law meets, the âbeneficiariesâ remain in the dark
- âWhat is the hurry?â Minister, M.S.J.E. asks the Committee drafting new disability law
- The draft Mental Health law is fascist: N.A.A.J.M.I.
- Denied I.A.S. despite order, visually impaired duo threaten legal action
- Dyslexic student denied 3% reservation facility in Engineering Entrance Exam
- No reservation for A.I.I.M.S. nursing posts, disabled candidates turn to court
- Fellowship launched for disabled people
- Special Recruitment Drive of D.o.P.T. extended till June 30
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: