Volume 9 Issue 4 - May 01, 2012
No concrete decision on making D.U. disabled-friendly
D.N.I.S. News Network, India: A six hour long meeting of 40 members of the Delhi University Cross Disability Association (D.U.C.D.A.) and senior Delhi University (D.U.) officials failed to result in any concrete decisions to make the campus disabled-friendly.
The students, members of D.U.C.D.A., demanded access to libraries and availability of study material, scholarships, reduction in fees and a safer campus for students with disabilities. They also demanded a progress report on the concerns raised with the authorities.
However, Members of D.U.C.D.A. said that they would like to meet the Vice-Chancellor on their issues, as the ‘advisory body’ which heard their concerns in this meeting hardly has any power to come up with solutions that can be implemented.
A D.U. official in the meantime said that things are progressing.
DNIS is produced and managed by:
National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People
Screening Guidelines to be followed by CISF Security Staff for Passengers with Disabilities at Indian Airports
Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill
Mental Health Care Bill
CRPD Monitoring Report
20 Stories of Change(book)
- List of Awardees 2015 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (2.7 MB)
- List of Awardees 2014 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1 MB)
- List of Awardees 2013 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (1.44 MB)
- List of Awardees 2012 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (804 KB)
- List of Awardees 2011 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (864 KB)
- List of Awardees 2010 :NCPEDP MPHASIS Universal Design Awards (623 KB)
SHELL HELEN KELLER AWARDS
NCPEDP-Shell Helen Keller Awardees 2013
- â€śIn the absence of comparable information, most of the policy planning for people with disabilities is based on assumptions,â€ť Dr. Sruti Mohapatra
- Nominations for the 3rd N.C.P.E.D.P.-MphasiS Universal Design Awards 2012 open
- Department of Disability Affairs likely to become functional soon
- Amendments to R.T.E. passed by Rajya Sabha; mixed bag for disability sector
- Kanchan Pamnani and Shivani Gupta attends C.R.P.D. Committee meeting in Geneva
- O.H.C.H.R.â€™s compilation on Indiaâ€™s U.P.R. mentions N.D.N.â€™s submission
- N.A.C. comes out with Draft Recommendations on the proposed new disability law
- Women and Child Welfare Department to formulate action points for persons with disabilities in Odisha
- Project on dyslexia wins India leg of Microsoftâ€™s Imagine Cup
- 300 man-days likely for persons with disabilities under N.R.E.G.S.
- Draft guidelines for examination writing by blind and low vision persons to be submitted to M.S.J.E.
- No concrete decision on making D.U. disabled-friendly
- Haryana bans use of the word 'handicapped'
Disability News and Information Service is produced and managed by: